Is Athens a cheap city to live in? Are accommodation costs affordable in Greece?
Yes and Yes. Greece is an affordable country compared with other European cities. The monthly budget will always depend on individual lifestyle, nevertheless here is an approach to basic estimates.
Despite the past few years, has increase prices find a house to rent can affordable in the city and even downtown. Let's keep in mind that the basic salary (2021) is around 650 euros
Our finance experts have created the following cost table of a modest but comfortable budget per month:
- House rent 70 - 50 m2: € 400
- Shared flat per person: € 250
- Monthly transportation card: € 30 Single ticket €1,40
- Internet per month: € 30
- Electricity: € 25
- Water bill: € 10 or less
- Monthly groceries: € 150
- Mid-range restaurant: € 15
- Beer: € 3,50 * In a Kiosk € 1,00
- Coffee: € 3,50 * To go €1,50